What is Nosocomial infection ?
Nosocomial infection is an infection obtained / experienced by the patient during her hospitalization and infection was not found / suffered at the time when they’re enter the hospital.
3 Factor/ interaction matter
- Microorganism inside the hospital environment
- Patient condition is weak
- Chain of infection inside hospital
Ways to prevents nosocomial
- Sterilization technique and disinfection seriously considered
- Anti biotic usage must be comply with the indication
- If necessary, avoid invasive procedure
- Minimize the use of immunosuppressive drugs
- Utilization isolation room
- Complete the hospital with specialize personnel who handle nosocomial infection, example: Infection control committee